Every body craves for cleansing of toxins and wastes, and wants a detox treatment from time to time to boost its functions.
There is a way to enhance the lymphatic system, the function of the kidneys, strengthen the immune system, liver, gut and even help digestion by choosing a soup detox method.
You can provide these benefits with a healthy, natural and delicious soup. Aside from eating 5-6 bowls of this soup daily, try to drink as much water as you can.
Follow the ingredient principles below:
- Prepare a vegetable broth, bone or a miso
- It is good to add starchy vegetables like parsnips, potatoes, beets, acorn squash etc.
- Also add onions, carrots, kale, leeks, zucchini and other fibrous vegetables.
- Add beans, nuts, lentils to increase the level of protein.
- For a better smell add cinnamon, ginger, garlic, turmeric, cumin, etc.
- Try adding coconut, avocado or olive oil.
3 recipes for delicious soups:
Red Lentil Soup:
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 apple, chopped
- ½ c red lentils, rinsed
- ¼ c coconut oil, olive oil, or ghee
- 2 sweet potatoes, chopped
- 1 apple, chopped
- 4 ½ c bone or vegetable broth
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1-inch ginger root, minced
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Coconut cream (optional)
Put the olive oil on a pot and warm it up on medium heat, next add the potatoes, onions, carrots and the apple. Mix it and cook it for 10 minutes. Next add everything else except the coconut cream, boil the soup and leave it for half an hour to simmer. After that when it thickens add the coconut cream.
Broccoli Detox Soup:
- 2.5 c broccoli florets
- ½ teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 c kale or spinach
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- Juice of half a lemon
- 2 c vegetable or bone broth
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
Heat the oil in a pot, then add the broccoli, onion and celery. After cooking them for 5 minutes add the broth, and every other ingredient. Next, leave it to simmer until it thickens.
Ginger & Carrot Soup:
- 3 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 lbs carrots, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 6 c bone or vegetable broth
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 c coconut milk
- 2 tablespoon collagen (optional)
- 2 tablespoon ghee or coconut oil
- Sea salt, black pepper, and onion to taste
Put the carrots, garlic and ginger in boiling water, after it is boiled leave it to simmer for a while. Cook the ghee and the onions together until the mixture becomes caramel-like. Then put everything in a blender with the coconut milk, the broth and season it.